skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Remembering Like it was Yesterday.
I can't believe that it has been three years since Bree and I got in the car accident. That day I will always remember and it's so hard to forget. It crosses my mind almost every time I drive through that intersection or even getting a little too close to a car. I pretty much can remember the accident like it was yesterday. I have never felt so helpless and guilty at the same time. At the time of the accident I had no idea how bad Bree's condition was and I didn't even know by the time I got to the hospital. After I had all my x-rays done my parents told me that she had to be flown to McKay D hospital in Ogden. That is when my stomach sank and I about lost it. I was so scared and all I could think of was... Did I just kill my sister... Is she going to make it.... she has kids... why wasn't it me... and my mind just kept racing and racing. I think it was that way the whole entire month of her being in the hospital. While she was unconscious I don't think I have ever felt so guilty or mad at myself in my whole life. I wanted to tell her so many things, and I did but who knows if she really heard me. Still to this day I feel so bad about the accident especially when she forgets something... I know everyone does it but when she forgets that we went to the movie and I was sitting right next to her and I have to remind her my stomach sinks and I want to cry. I don't think I will ever feel better about the situation in that matter. I hope my sister knows how sorry I am that I put her through the hardest time of her life and still experiences some of the hard times because of what happened. I have never brought it up to her in person, but I hope that she truly does forgive me and I hope she knows that I would do anything for her! Love you Bree!
I am glad you call it an accident because that is what it was, an accident. I think everything happens for a reason and you might not have seen something from it now but one day you will see why it happened and it probably changed our families life forever, kind of like Kooper. Events like that change who we are. You couldn't control the fact that she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. I mean really, do you think you could have made her wear it?? She is a stubburn girl. I think our family is closer in ways because of it. I can't imagine the way that it must have made you feel. I love you both and I am lucky to have both of you as sisters. I am sure that she doesn't hold anything against you.
ReplyDelete