Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Interesting experience

Today at work I had a really interesting day. I walked into work and one of my managers says to me there is a phone call that we had earilier today and the person has a speech problem or is somewhat deaf and can't talk very well. So because some of the people know that I am majoring in speech therapy they waited until I got to work to see if I felt comfortable communicating with this person. So I listen to the message they left on the answering machine and decide yeah I can do it what the heck? So I call the person back and they don't answer. So kind of relieved I went back to working then a half hour or so later the person(I am saying person because I am not quite sure if it was a woman or a man?) called back and they handed the phone over to me. They were asking about womans underwear and bras. Don't mind me but they were of rediculously big sizes but I went about my way looking and helping this customer the best I could and I pretty much understood what they were saying. Well to make a long story short they called back about ten minutes before I closed and asked if we sold THONGS in the size he/she asked me for. I was shocked I opened my mouth and thought for a second and then i said UNDERWEAR? haha I was hoping maybe that they ment shoes I was praying they ment shoes but of course they wanted underwear. I told the person we didn't have any in the store they would have to look online when they came to look at what I had found for them previously. keep in mind this was for someone else and they weren't yong!! I thought it was so funny yet discusting that I went and told my manager she was like "Is this some kind of joke?" haha it was hillarious. Hopefully when they come in they will get everything figured out, but out of this whole deal I got a free Movie pass which is pretty sweet now I can definatly go to a movie this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! You brought a much needed smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was very weird. I would like to see them when they come in. It was weird cuz I kept asking them when they would be coming in so I could tell them where to go for help but they just kept saying um im not sure when I can come... it was really weird the size just to give you a nice idea was like an 8x? is that possible? I was like the biggest we carry is a 4x haha! I coldn't imagine a thong in an 8x gross!! Hope you have a little better day today I love you!

    ReplyDelete