Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What Would You Do?

Tonight at work one of my coworkers was telling me about this lady that she just helped and had a conversation with while helping her out. She is an older lady that had made an appointment to get her pictures taken and she was all alone and for some reason she decided to tell her why she was getting her pictures taken This poor lady had breast cancer and it spread throughout her body and she was told that there is no way they can help her anymore and that she was just going to die when her time comes. She continued telling her that she was getting her picture taken because she is getting everything ready for her fruenral. She said she doesn't want any of her family to have to deal with anything that she wants to take care of everything. I couldn't believe the story because seconds earlier she had came to me and asked for some boxes and she was so nice and seemed so happy! Then my coworker told me what she had just told her. I think that is so sad. I could never even imagine being in her position or what I would even do if I knew I was going to die. I was saying how I would probably be sitting at home depressed not wanting to do anything. As we were having the conversation about the lady after she had left one of my managers was saying we never know what we are going to do until we are in that particular situation. She brought up her rough time in life when her daughter passed away in a car accident. She was saying how everyone tells her that she is so strong can't believe how well she is doing after her daughters passing. She said I could live my life and give my other kids the best mom in the world or I could sit at home and die there. She is such a great woman and also reminded me alot of my Sister. They are such strong women in my eyes and I could never imagine losing a child!

We also started talking about what we would do if we were there in the subway station when that young girl got kicked in the head and beat up several times or when the guy in New York lay there stabbed to death while tonz of people just walk by. I hope that if I am ever in any of those situations I choose to help out, or just live my life to the fullest but we honestly never know what we will do in certain situations until we are in them because when I think of it I always second guess myself. My first reaction is of course I would help that guy laying on the street... but would I really if no one else is... maybe he is ok... I hope that if I am in any situation I will do what is best its just hard to know.... I haven't stopped thinking about the converstation and my magager also mentioned something about a tv show like 2020 or something that was on on Sunday that was similar to what we were talking about. If anyone saw it will you let me know I am interested to see what it was all about and if I can watch in on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment