Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Mama Chui!

Today I finally got to meet Jared's Grandma Mora. Everyone calls her Mama Chui! She is so adorable! She is 90 years old today and it was fun to finally meet her. Jared's Grandma has Alzheimer's, and it has gotten pretty bad lately, so I had been bugging Jared to let me go see her, and that we need to visit her soon, even though she could never understand me I just wanted to see what a great woman she was! Luckily they had a big family birthday party and I finally got to meet her! She didn't really seem to know what was going on or who anyone was, but when they would put the younger kids on her lap her face would light up with a smile! She has to be such a strong woman to go through such a horrible Disease! She was Freezing so she had her cute little booties on her feet and she just seemed content just being there! I feel for Mama Chui and wish that I could have a conversation with her and hear stories about her childhood and hear some of her experiences! She doesn't talk much anymore but defiantly listens when your talking to her, she just doesn't seem to sure about anything! I almost cried at the party just watching her go through the motions as family member after family member went up to her to wish her a Happy Birthday and just knowing that she couldn't remember any of her kids or grand kids just broke my heart! She is such a beautiful woman though I defiantly look up to her! Happy Birthday though Mama Chui, Jared and I love you!

I did take some pictures but I can't find the cord to hook my camera into my computer so I will post them tomorrow. I didn't have my sim card so I couldn't just pop the card into my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment