Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Already Missing Carter....




Yesterday was a sad day... My family's dog Carter had to be put to sleep. He had cancer and wasn't doing so good, so my parents decided it was time for him to be put to sleep because he just couldn't do anything and would probably feel alot better, he just looked so sick it was so sad. It is going to be so weird going up to my parents house and not have a big old dog there to welcome you. It will feel just a little bit lonely up there but he is in a better place. The good thing about it is that my Dad got to take Carter Boy up to my Gradparents ranch and bury him with my Dads old dog that he grew up with Lady. I thought that was pretty special and I think he would appreciate it alot. Just a couple memories I have about Carter is I remember the day my sister brought him home from Wal-mart when they used to always sell puppies in front when you walk in. My Dad wasn't too happy about Bree bringing him home but of course everyone fell in love with him and he pretty much became a member of our family from that day on. Carter did get in trouble alot but only because he thought he was human too and he thought he should get whatever we got especially if it was food or to be laying in a comfortable spot either on the couch or on a bed is where you would find him if you were the first one home when everyone had been gone for the day. It will be weird not having a dog beacuse we have had him for so many years and now I want a dog even more because I can't go see Carter and get my puppy fix for the day. But I will post some better pictures of Carter as soon as I can they are all at my Moms but the one at the top. He is in a much better place and he will be missed by so many of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment