Maleaha Mora
February 25th 11:53 pm
7lbs. 13oz.
I can't believe that my baby Maleaha is already here, it came and went so fast, and it has now been a little over two weeks! I know I am a bad blogger, but I am finally going to post about my experience and show my cute baby girl off!
On Friday morning I had an appointment with my doctor, I was anxious to go, but figured I would get the same news I had gotten the past two times I had been in. That I was still the same and no big changes. My doctor decided that after checking me and I was still the same with no changes.... besides my blood pressure on the rise, that it would be best, if it was ok with me, if we induced me that day! I was all alone at the Dr.'s office that day, Jared was working so I had a big decision to make on my own! The doctor left and gave me a few minutes to think about it and decide what I wanted to do. He was telling me it was kind of risky if I was wanting to wait and go into labor naturally, and thats what I was most scared of. My biggest fear through this whole pregnancy was "How am I going to know when I am in labor. I don't even know what contractions are!" So with his advice and me wanting to get her out of me already I decided I was going to do it. So he called the hospital told me that they could get me in sometime on that Friday I just had to wait for them to call and let me know they were ready!
So after leaving the doctor I am a mess. I call Jared let him know what the doctor said and luckily he was home for lunch. I told him the hospital could call me at any time so he couldn't go back to work! Then I called my Mom who was gone to Arizona to visit my sister and her family and I just start bawling after I tell her I was going to have Maleaha that day! I was so excited, nervous, scared, almost every emotion at that time. I was a little sad my Mom wasn't there, but I thought my sister did it three times without Mom there I can do it too!
When I got home Jared was there, he couldn't believe that we were really going to have our baby sometime soon. I told him all about the doctor visit and the talk with my mom and sister. Then I almost forgot the most important thing FOOD! haha my doctor told me to eat something small because he didn't know how soon they would be calling me. So I told Jared, I have got to get something to eat, we ran down the street to McDonalds, got a coke and a snack wrap and I was satisfied, I knew I wouldn't be eating or drinking anything for a while so it was nice to have a big Coke! After a while the hospital still hadn't called me, so I called to see if they knew when I could come in. They told me at 4:00. So we had an hour of time to kill by then, and it drug on.
At 4:00 we get to the hospital and check in, get into the room and everything was happening so fast. I got changed into the bed, got asked a bunch of questions, and before I knew it they were starting me on patocin. They told me they would check me about every hour so an hour later I had only dilated 1cm to a 4 and the doctor came in and broke my water. Then he told me I could get the epidural any time so I was like I'll have it now! I got the epidural and it was fine, if I would have seen the needle I probably would have freaked out but I was surprised it didn't hurt at all and it worked very well I am so thankful for that!
After a while had past I get checked again and I was dilated to a 10. The nurse was surprised
and told me that we would wait probably one more hour and then start pushing. It was a little before 11:00 and on came all the lights. She started getting everything ready for the doctor, and explained to me what to do and as soon as I was starting to feel contractions or pressure I would be pushing.
I ended up pushing for about an hour and my beautiful baby girl was born at 11:53 that night.
It was such a great experience, I was so nervous about how labor was going to be, but it was fine! I couldn't feel a thing thank goodness for that epidural and it was super fast! I had a great husband there helping me push and counting for me, and my nurse was so nice and encouraging!
I did have a fever during labor which the doctors were pretty worried about, so after I held and got to be with Maleaha for about an hour they had to take her away and then they told me that she had to be in the NICU because she may have gotten an infection because of my fever.
Maleaha was in the NICU until Sunday. My friend Kristin from high school took care of her the first night and it made me so happy! I actually cried when I saw her in the room holding my little baby girl. She even put a cute bow in her hair and made sure she was well taken care of. She had to receive antibiotics to make sure the infection would be gone if there was one and then she would be out of there!
Sunday Morning we were told her tests looked great and that she would be able to leave whenever I got discharged. It was a long day and I was ready but nervous to come home. We would be doing it all alone, with no help from the nurses and she was just so little! But we have made it a little over 2 weeks and we are doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment